CBSE Class 12 board examinations are considered as one of the most important and crucial examination in a student’s life. This examination decides the future of a students’ career life. Before the beginning of the examinations, students get busy with their studies and plans for effective revision before examinations. At this time, some of the students goes under tremendous pressure and anxiety to perform well in their examinations. Ultimately, it leads to extreme stress. In order to avoid such circumstances, experienced CBSE teachers and board examination toppers suggest some tips and tricks to prepare well for the examinations. These tips definitely help in lessening the examination stress and increases the chances of scoring more than 90% marks in the examination.
Given below are some effective tips for CBSE Board Examination preparation:
- Select the right time for preparing for the board examinations- Each and every student has different learning capabilities. So, there is not a fixed timing to start preparing for the examinations. But there is a common approach to prepare for the examinations which needs to be followed. Even if students have not completed the revision of the whole syllabus or have not started yet, can begin now to avoid the disappointment at the time of examination results.
- A good time-table will make examination preparations easy- Without proper planning and preparation, it is not possible to achieve one’s goals. In order to make one’s preparation effective for the CBSE Class 12 Board Examinations, every student must prepare a proper time-table first and follow it religiously.
- Sufficient time should be given to self-study- Apart from school or coaching classes, every student must keep some time aside for self-study so as to analyze and practice the topics learned in school or coaching class. Students must keep enough time in order to achieve some prefixed study targets.
- Adopt the best study habits to ace in board examinations- To perform well in board examinations, every student must inculcate some important study habits which will help them to get good grades. Some of the habits which a student can develop are creating a study plan and following it, being punctual and disciplined, balancing one’s academic and personal life, etc.
- Make a strategy to learn long answers for the board examination- It is quite natural for students to panic while learning long answers as covering such long text is not an easy job. So, to overcome this hurdle, students must prepare a strategy for long answers, like breaking them up into smaller paragraphs, writing them down on paper and relating them to real life situations so as to retain in the mind for a longer duration of time.
- Practicing previous years’ question papers- Students must make it a habit to solve more and more of previous years’ question papers, once they have completed revising the entire syllabus. In this way, students can keep a track of their preparation level and know their strengths and weaknesses.
- Solve CBSE sample papers- The sample papers are released by the CBSE board for all subjects a few months before the commencement of board examinations. Teachers suggest that practicing the sample papers is the best approach to start your examination preparations. Students must also go through the marking schemes released by the board to understand how their answers would be evaluated in board examinations.
- Take regular breaks for relaxing oneself- Do not study continuously for long hours. Instead, one should take regular breaks after every 50-60 minutes. These breaks are important to rejuvenate your brain and energy to get ready for the next study session. This helps to keep your brain focused and mindful.
- Do not fear and just relax- If students undergo fear, anxiety and stress, then this will only deter in their preparation for the examinations and thus affecting one’s performance. So, instead of taking tension, one should prepare the examination with a cool and calm mind. You just need to give your best shot and the results will automatically turn out to be the best.
- Write your board examinations appropriately- After preparing hard for the board examination, the real time comes when your answer sheets reflect your hard work. Students must follow proper techniques and strategies to write the answers appropriately and complete the examination on time.
- Make the best use of the 15 minutes- Students must make the best use of the 15 minutes reading time which is allotted before starting to write the examination. This will help them to make a strategy of how to complete the question paper on time, how to attempt the questions, etc.
Revise the formulae- The formulae which are there in subjects like Mathematics, Science, etc. should be revised thoroughly. Students should memorize all the formulae and revise them every single day as to not forget them while attempting any questions.